How do I uninstall my printer?
Usually this means the registry information created by the
installer has been corrupted in some way.
To uninstall the printer it is then necessary to re-install it, to restore the correct information used by the de-installer and de-install the printer.
To re-install the printer, follow these steps:
1) In Windows, choose Start->Run, type "REGEDIT" and press "OK".
2) The windows registry will appear:
****For windows 95/98/millenium follow steps 3-6****
****For Windows NT4 follow steps 7-12****
3) Double click on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"- a list of subkeys will appear.
4) Double click on "Software"- a further list of subkeys will appear.
5) From the further list of subkeys, locate the subkey which is specific to your printer, using the following as a guide:
Printer Name: Subkey Name:
OKIPAGE 4w Plus : OP4WP
OKIPAGE 6w Hiper-W : OP6W
OKIPAGE 8w Hiper-W : OP8W
OKIPAGE 10e : OP10E
OKIPAGE 8P : OP8P
OKIPAGE 8P Plus : Op8PPLUS
OKIPAGE 8w Lite : OP8WLITE
6) Click on the appropriate subkey, identified by the table and
NOW GO TO STEP 13.
7) Double click on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"- a list of subkeys will appear.
8) Double click on "System"- a further set of subkeys will appear.
9) Double click on "Current Control Set"- more subkeys will appear.
10) Double click on "Services"- a final list of subkeys will appear.
11) From the final list of subkeys click on the one named "OKIPAR".
12) Choose Edit->Delete
CONTINUE WITH STEP 13
13) Close the Windows Registry Editor.
14) Run the printer software installer provided on your product CD or downloaded from the Oki web-site.
15) When prompted, choose "Install" and follow on screen prompts.
16) Once the printer software has been successfully installed, run the printer software intaller again and choose "Deinstall".
17) Your printer should now have been removed from your system.