How do I load the paper?
1. Remove the paper tray from the printer.
2. Fan the paper to be loaded at the edges (1) and in the middle (2) to ensure that all sheets are properly separated, then tap the edges of the stack on a flat surface to make it flush again (3).
3. Load letter headed paper face down and top edge towards the front of the printer, as shown.
4. Adjust the rear stopper (1) and paper guides (2) to the size of paper being used.
To prevent paper jams:
- Do not leave space between the paper and the guides and rear stopper.
- Do not overfill the paper tray. Capacity depends on the type of paper stock.
- Do not load damaged paper.
- Do not load paper of different sizes or types at the same time.
- Do not pull the paper tray out during printing (except as described below for the 2nd tray).
- Close the paper tray gently.
5. If you have two trays and you are printing from the 1st (upper) tray, you can pull out the 2nd (lower) tray during printing to reload it. However, if printing from the 2nd (lower) tray, do not pull out the 1st (upper) tray. This will cause a paper jam.
6. For face down printing, make sure the face up (rear) stacker (3) is closed (the paper exits from the top of the printer). Stacking capacity is approximately 250 sheets, depending on paper weight.
7. For face up printing, make sure the face up (rear) stacker (3) is open and the paper support (4) is extended. Paper is stacked in reverse order and tray capacity is approximately 100 sheets, depending on paper weight.
8. Always use the face up (rear) stacker for heavy paper (card stock etc.)
Caution: Do not open or close the rear paper exit while printing as it may result in a paper jam.
1. Open the multipurpose tray and press gently down on the paper platform (1) to ensure it is latched down.
2. Load the paper and adjust the paper guides (2) to the size of paper being used.
- For single sided printing on headed paper load the paper into the multipurpose tray with pre-printed side up and top edge into the printer.
- For two sided (duplex) printing on headed paper load the paper with pre-printed side down and top edge away from the printer. (Optional duplex unit must be installed for this function.)
- Envelopes should be loaded face up with top edge to the left and short edge into the printer. Do not select duplex printing on envelopes.
- Do not exceed the paper capacity of about 50 sheets or 10
envelopes. Maximum stacking depth is 10mm.
3. Press the tray latch button (3) inwards to release the paper platform, so that the paper is lifted and gripped in place.
Set the correct paper size for the multipurpose tray in the Media Menu.