Where can I get Reference Profiles?
Reference profiles can be obtained by following one of the 4 methods detailed below:
1. visit www.eci.org webpage
2. obtain them from a printing company
3. create them in-house yourself
4. obtain them from a third party company
For example, if you select ICC profiles for offset (ISO 12647-2) from the above home page it is possible to link to the a screen that contains different packages of ICC profiles which may be used as reference profiles.
2. Printing Company
It is often the case that a printing company will provide their own reference profile. This could be a profile which characterises the printing company's offset printing press.
3. Create In-house
This method of creating a reference profile in-house would
* obtaining a printed test chart from the printing house which had been printed using the offset printing press.
* measuring the offset printout to create a LUT containing the CMYK and Lab values which characterise the offset printing press.
4. Created by Third Party
This method is similar to method 3. However, the creation of the reference profile would be outsourced to a third party. The method for creating the reference profile would be exactly the same as method 3. It may be necessary to outsource the creation of a reference profile to a third party as many users do not own the equipment to create a profile in-house.