How do I rear feed paper from the rear of the printer?
When using fan-fold paper, adjust the distance between the sprocket pins at the ends of the platen to the holes in the paper. Fan-fold paper can be fed from the rear of the printer or, if a slotted stand is available, from underneath.
Ensure that the printer is switched OFF and the power supply lead removed.
1. Place a box of fan-fold paper behind the printer.
2. Remove the Access cover (1).
3. Move the Bail arm lever (2) (on the left-hand side of the printer) to the front of the machine to lift the Bail bar.
4. Move the Paper lever (3) (on the right-hand side of the printer) to the front of the machine, to the fan-fold symbol.
5. Insert the first sheet of paper between the separator paper guides (4).
Push the paper in just enough so that its sprocket holes engage the sprocket pins located on the platen ends.
6. Turn the Platen knob (5) to advance the paper until it
appears in front of the platen.
7. Move the Bail arm lever (2) to the rear of the machine to lower the Bail bar.
8. Use the Platen knob (5) to advance the paper to the first printing line.
9. Replace the Access cover and switch the printer ON.