What is Command WorkStation?
Command Workstation is a Job Management application that is used by Administrators to monitor, control and manipulate print jobs.
Manage jobs, queues, users and fonts
Edit and Combine jobs
Preview or Reprint print Jobs
Change job settings
Archive print jobs
Its user interface can be split into 5 areas and is shown below:
1) Action Buttons (Highlighted in red): Similar to shortcuts, once a job is held within the active jobs window by selecting one of these buttons you will initiate that task.
2) Active Jobs Window: This window shows all jobs currently active in Command Workstation, information of its status can also be found from here.
3) Printed Jobs Window: Show a list of jobs that have been printed by the user. The default is 10 but this can be increased from the server setup
4) Tab area: This area itself is split into 4.
- Printed jobs: As Above
- Archive: From Command Workstation it is possible to archive jobs to a location on the server or to the PC, when you do this a reference is stored in the Archive tab.
- Freeform: Similar to the concept of Overlays, Freeforms are utilised by creating a Freeform master that is called from the driver when a job is sent. When a Master is saved a reference is stored in the Freeform tab.
- Job Log: Shows all jobs printed including scans and configuration pages.
5) Activity area: Shows details of the job that is currently printing, also shows server details such as name and memory.